Spent the last couple of days in Kansas City…Love that town.
Yesterday morning headed to the gym at 5:30 a.m. so I could get my morning run in to start the day off right.
I was on the treadmill running a very warm 4 miles. It takes extra motivation to continue running after the first mile on the treadmill. It’s so easy to begin telling yourself that you don’t need to run as far because you need to…
- Get back to the room and go over notes for today’s meeting.
- Check email.
- Run less since you don’t want to go to meeting with a red face.
- Allow extra time to get to meeting since not been to address before.
- Allow extra time to cool down.
- About 100 other reasons to stop running.
I always have to fight that inner voice. I didn’t listen to it and still had plenty of time to get everything done and to my meeting on time.
Lots of snow to look at…Fortunately, not on the road.
What’s the weather like where you are running?