I just came back from a three year exercise/diet hiatus. I won’t bore you with the details as to why, but I’m older and heavier which makes it harder to get back into an exercise routine. I started running because I wanted to run a half marathon before I turned 50. Since then I’ve finished six half’s and one full marathon. My last race was in the fall of 2013.
So this is going to be my comeback.
I’ve signed on to Noom to help with a diet to lose the weight and get an exercise plan. Also pulling up some good recipes and plans from past.
Maybe a little too ambitious but I’m signing up for the Shape Half Marathon in New York’s Central Park on April 14. #WomenRunTheWorld #BigMotivation
So here’s my plan:
- 64 ounces of water each day.
- 1200 calorie diet – low sugar, salt and fat from all food groups.
- Enlisted help of Noom.
- Follow 6 small meals each day.
- Cook everything on weekend and prepare lunches for the week.
- Start off with 3 mile walks and some core strengthening exercises.
- Build up to light jogs.
- Increase strength training and intensity over time.
- Warm up and cool down.
- Create a video in my mind of what it will be like to be fit again.
- Get great music on tap to listen to during such.
There’s more to the plan but this is just to get me started.